Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
The European Commission sees CSR as a concept which serves as a base for organisations to integrate social and environmental concerns into their corporate activities.
The core of the CSR-concept is the self commitment of organisations to keep to self defined policies and aims. It can be realised in companies as well as associations or public organisations.
CSR is based on three points:
- Economy: efficient management of resources, economic productivity
- Ecology: responsibility for the environment, limiting the use of resources, optimally realisable by the implementation of environmental management systems according to ISO 14001 or EMAS, which can be supported by KEC.
- Social policy: social fairness, fair allocation of ressources; beside the employee representation and their rights of determination this primarily concerns the field of safety and health at workplaces. Here, KEC can give support for the development of safety- and health management systems according to OHSAS and SCC
A guideline can also be the international standard for social responsibility (ISO 26000).
A suitable means of communication for organisations is the relatively new instrument sustainability report. This public report describes the realisation process of the sustainable development and contains information about the performance of the organisation on economic, social and environmental level.
This report often is the entrance to the topic sustainability and allows thinking about the values, strategies and aims of an organisation. Small and medium enterprises often fulfil the requirements of sustainable management, but they do not have the human resources to compile a sustainability report. KEC can support you in the development of this report.
- integrates interests of the society, economy and environment into the management
- increases employee satisfaction and work safety
- minimises operational risks
- protects and strengthens the reputation of the organisation
- ensures the sustainable existence and success of companies
To ‘live’ CSR successfully, an integrated realisation and the integration of responsibility management in the core business of a company is essential.
KEC supports you to tread the path of economic success with ecological and at the same time social responsibility.
BACK • TO THE TOP